7/23/2011

Pierogies

My husband and I love pierogies  but got burned out eating them after we got a bunch when they were on sale and we ate them too many times in a month...anywhoo back to my point... we normally make butter and onion sauce on the stove, I boiled his,  fry mine, and eat them with the onions and sour cream. However, neither of us have been wanting to eat them and we have 2 boxes of them.. SO... I decided to bake them hoping it would make them more appealing to us and IT WORKED!  Below is how I made them and another pierogi recipe of mine.


Baked Pierogies
*Preheat oven to 350 and place frozen pierogies in greased baking dish
* add cut onions, 4 tbsp of butter, pizza seasoning mix (oregeno, basil, marjoram, gran garlic), pepper, sea salt and layer shredded cheddar cheese on top
* bake for 30 minutes
* serve hot with sour cream on top


Lazy Pierogies
* Cut an onion and put in a small pot with 1/2 cup butter (cook til onions are soft)
* Make mashed potatoes (homemade or instant) 4 cups cooked
* cook 1/ 2 pound of egg noodles
* mix noodles, potatoes, and butter/onions together
~~~~ I first made this dish for my mom and I when I was a teen. My parents had ~~~~ not yet went grocery shopping so the cupboards were filled with odds and ins and I wanted to make lunch for my mom and I. I made this dish and my mother referred to it ~~~~ as lazy pierogies so that is what I have called it ever since. ~~~~