7/06/2011

Burger King vs. McDonalds

I definitely prefer Burger King over McDonalds.


McDonalds has a large variety of salads but they are pre-made so if it comes with meat, it comes with meat. If I have to go to McDonalds, I order a Big and Tasty without meat. My pet peeve is they charge full price..so I order it with the meat on the side and give it to my husband to make his a double. 


Burger King has the same salad issue as mentioned above. When I go to BK, I order a Whopper without meat...it is also known as the Veggie Whopper. They have a different menu price for the Veggie Whopper which is less than a Whopper. =) Hooray for that!!! BK also has a sandwhich called the BK Veggie. I don't eat meat substitutes but it is a great option for those that do.


According to the BK website this is the description of the BK Veggie....
"A Morningstar Farms® Garden Veggie Patty, garden crisp vegetables, whole grains, and spices–all topped with lettuce, red ripe tomatoes, ketchup, creamy mayo, and served on a sesame seed bun. If there's one thing we know, it's burgers. Even Veggie burgers. No, especially... the BK VEGGIE® Burger. ®, TM, © 2009 Kellogg Co."