4/29/2012

Luchitas Mexican Restaurant

I love Luchitas! They have a friendly staff as well as great food, margaritas, and are vegetarian friendly! I have only tried 2 menu items the Guaccamole Picado and Tinga de Pollo Vegetarian. Both items were delicious! They have other items that are always meat free and options like Tinga de Pollo that list "vegetarian available" (pictured above) on the menu. I went there on Friday and had the item that I get the most....Tinga de Pollo Vegetarian!




Tinga de Pollo - "Shredded chicken in a smoky chipotle, tomatillo, chorizo, and a tomato-based salsa, topped with homemade Mexican cream and slices of avocado. Served with Mexican white rice and black beans. Vegetarian available."


The picture above shows the vegetarian one. It is also severed with tortillas. As you can see the meatless option varied quiet a bit from the menu description. The chicken, chipotle, salsa is replaced with a mix of veggies. To be honest I'm not sure what all is in it but it is a great blend. Layed together on a tortilla with some of their amazing salsa makes a great meal with enough to take home for a second meal! If I is not hungry enough for a meal then I order the Guacamole Picado. It again is amazing and just like the Tinga de Pollo, I add their salsa to spice it up.


Guacamole Picado - "Made fresh to order. Avocados diced with onions, tomatoes, cilantro, peppers, and fresh lime juice."


I forgot to take a picture of the Guacamole Picado (sorry...next time). I will show you a picture of the Golden Margarita's. They need no description but I will tell you that after the picture was taken it was suggested that we try the Golden Pom Margaritas. It is the golden margarita with the addition of Pomegranate liquor. Not only does this make it a pretty pink, it gives it a nice fruity taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment